Monday, October 16, 2006

First Fitting of Ento Gowns w/ Tet

My entourage had their first fitting of their gowns yesterday in Tet’s shop, and I was really happy that all the gowns looked nice. In fact, the gowns turned out to be really good! I was a bit worried that the color selection I chose might not work well, but when I saw the gowns being fitted one by one, they blended really well together.

First to fit was my mom, and there were some alterations needed to be done, such as the flowing chiffon in the middle part of her gown, and also the neckline and the sides of the dress. But everything else was ok. The fitting was good as well.

Next was my maid of honor. Her gown’s red hue was really rich, and the gown was close to perfection, except that the bust part had to be loosened by a tiny bit. The back portion has a train: shantung silk and chiffon (coming from the chiffon part at the upper part).




Third were my secondary sponsors. I totally love the colors of their gowns. Again, only minor alterations were done.



Up next were my bridesmaids. When I was choosing their colors, I was a bit worried that they might look too orangey, but the outcome was really good. I especially loved the back portion of the skirt area – their trains were really formed well. They looked sexy, I must say!




Then it was the turn of Enrique’s mom. I questioned Tet first as to why the color is much different because I was expecting a brighter green (almost the same as my mom’s). But when the mom fit her gown, the color suited her well. My major concern was the sleeves, and I couldn’t help but be distracted by it. It was too butterfly-ey, I had to tell Tet to tape it a bit so that I can focus on the gown well and tell her my comments.

Last were the flower girls. Tet was really good, nothing was needed to be altered. The fitting was so exact , my cousin can actually bring it home. But of course, she might grow a bit and it might be tight on her. Well, Tet told me there’s an allowance anyway so it shouldn’t be a problem. Besides, the sash was still not finished, hehehe.




I’m really pleased with the outcome of the fittings. I’m also happy that Tet followed all our plans, and she just made some adjustments that made the gowns look even nicer. It probably helps that the gowns are really simple. The major enhancements though are needed for the mothers’ gowns. I hope things will turn out even better in the next fitting!

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

I'm really happy that the gowns that Ted made for your entourage turned out well. Just make sure she'll do the alterations accordingly. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home