Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One Less Sponsor

One of my dearest and best-est close friends who we have asked to be our cord sponsor has told me that she cannot make it to our wedding. Sob Sob Sob...

It was a hazy plan to begin with anyway. She is currently based in Manchester, pursuing her MBA there. I know she tried her best to amend her schedule in order for her to be home before our wedding date. And I don't take it against her that she can't attend our big day. Definitely I don't. I just feel very very sad because if there were a few people I would really like to witness our wedding and celebrate with us, she would be one of them.

We have known each other since we probably started going to school, and though we have been separated by so many years, I really thanked God the day that we met again. And from then on we have been friends again.

I felt tears forming in my eyes when I read her mail to me. But I guess I have to make do with the current situation. Maybe I have anticipated this because months before I have talked to a good friend of mine and asked her to be a proxy if ever one of my sponsors cannot make it. Of course I am still hoping that she would email me again and tell me she can now go. In the meantime, I have confirmed to my other friend she will be a proxy, and so she will be with us during the measurement taking this Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home