Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Proposal

My friend Liv and I were chatting about engagement rings, and while doing so, she asked me how Enrique proposed. So I went to my archives, and GASP! Other than my sole post last December, there was no detailed account of one of our most memorable moments!

So here I am recalling what happened...

The day before the proposal
He asked about engagement rings and what I liked. I told him, "it doesn't really matter what, and I prefer being surprised." But all the same we talked about diamonds and the 4 C's: cut, clarity, carat, color. In the end, I told him that if there's one cut that I'm not really fond of, it's the emerald cut. Not because it was ugly (in fact emerald cuts are really elegant), but simply because a round shape is the usual diamond for the engagement ring (ala Tiffany's).

The day of the proposal
He was such in an irritable mood (it started the day before) we spent the whole day arguing. I felt bad because not only was it the day of my trial with Angie Cruz, but it was also the day of the w@w christmas party. I was looking forward to that night because it's the first time I'm going to an event with him by my side.

Then came trial time. WE picked up Angie in Megamall. I told Enrique to just stay in my house as we were running late. He said he wanted to go home because he'll freshen up and that he didn't want to see me being made-up.

So when he came back to my house, I had makeup on, and couldn't stop raving about Angie's make-up on me. Enrique was like, "Beautiful, but there's something missing." I didn't understand what he meant, so I frowned and said, "What else is missing? Doesn't my makeup and outfit look nice???"

He said... "You're beautiful, but you're going to a w@w couple's party and there's something missing..." Then he suddenly embraced me and whispered... "Sorry, you will not like it..."

That's when i knew...

We were locked in an embrace as he took out the box that was in his pocket. I tried to open the box, but he was resisiting a bit, and kept on saying "sorry, i know you won't like it." But when I did see it...

It was the most beautiful engagement ring I ever saw.

Angie, our helpers, and my bro were all clapping.

Then I told him... "TEKA, why are you not asking me anything???" He was like ... "Ay oo nga sorry!!!! Will you marry me?"

Hahahaha!

Anyway, that's when it all made sense. No wonder he was in a very hot-tempered mood. The ring he gave me was an emerald cut diamond ring. And he bought it before he boarded the plane going to Manila. He initially wanted the round one (yup, he knew it was the usual diamond shape for the e-ring), but there wasn't any available (according to him, the ones available were small). Then the attendant showed him my e-ring, and when he was told it was an emerald cut, he suddenly remembered that emerald was my birth stone. He thought he'd hit two birds with one stone.

Anyway, that's it... A romantic comedy proposal. Perfect...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home