Thursday, October 05, 2006

Certificates and Required Validities

I am now in the process of compiling all the documents necessary to start the paperwork aspect of the wedding preps, and I couldn't quite get some requirements.

For example, I know validity dates are important, especially the Certificate of No Marriage. For the Baptismal and Confirmation Certificates, I don't really understand why, but perhaps just to make sure that on the year of your wedding, you are a Catholic.

What I don't understand is the validity requirement of birth certificate copies. I called up the Parish just to make sure I understand the document requirements, and then I learned that though they didn't state it in the guidelines, the certified true copy has to be issued on the year of the wedding.

HELLO! I'm quite sure that I have been born once, and that the certified true copy I have right now was issued in the age of technological advancement so as to ensure its accuracy and adherence to their database. I even have the real copies of all my certificates, including my original birth certificate, in all its browned paper glory. Why do they need a new one???

*Sigh*

Of course I have no choice but to get a new certificate, and it would take around a week to secure it. It's just that I'm wondering why getting married has to have these kinds of complicated and tedious procedures and documentation.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home