Monday, October 30, 2006

End-October Developments

Last week was yet another busy week for us, but it was ok since we had a couple of major accomplishments!


Canonical Seminar
Oct 27 - We attended the whole-day canonical seminar conducted by Mt. Carmel, and it was an ok seminar. It focused more on family planning (the natural way), but early in the seminar the facilitator discussed about the Christian family and the duties of a husband and a wife. Enrique was very attentive when it came to what my duties should be. He was really funny! Anyway, I'm glad that one big requirement was off our back.


Fittings With Veluz
Oct 23 - I had my fitting of my gown's lining, and that night I couldn't wait to see the gown itself, using the silk dupioni I ordered from Marj. Niko also made a rough sketch of how my shoe would look like, and the inspiration of the shoe design was the shoe of Marie Antoinette. We also discussed about what the design of my bag would be, and I know that it would turn out really nice. Lstly, we finalized what color my sash would be. :D

Oct 27 - WOW! I was so in love with the fabric of my gown. When I fitted the lace bolero, Veluz just told me "wow, the design suits you perfectly." I was all the more flattered when her assistant told me that she rarely liked lacy tops but this time, she was awed that the design suited me well. I hope it really does! *Cross fingers*

Enrique's Birth Certificate
The cause of our hardships... Enrique's birth certificate had an error regarding his mom's name (missing letter). Mt. Carmel rejected the certificate and told us that we should have it corrected. *Sigh* I don't want to discuss about this further for fear of being ex-communicated, but anyway, Enrique ran to different civil registries to get the necessary documents and application forms in order to try to fix this very minor error. Tomorrow he will attend a hearing on this, and hopefully things will turn out well.

Favors! Favors!
Finally! We have finalized what our souvenirs will be: marriage quotes in a box from Papemelroti! Some months ago I happened to go to this store and saw the marriage quotes. I thought of getting them as our favors, but was hesitant to get them because it didn't really match our autumn theme.


Anyway, I brought Enrique to the store, and I knew that he might like the idea of giving them as our favors. He did! I realized that instead of highlighting our theme, maybe we should just give out favors that will highlight the main celebration, Marriage. And so we finalized our order and paid 50% downpayment. We have yet to wait for the final quotation for our gifts to our sponsors, a table top marriage prayer.


House Hunting
My favorite preps! We have been scouting for a nice simple place to stay, and we are so happy that we found a temporary home in Dansalan Gardens. It's a 1 bedroom unit, and though it is in a bare state, the lay out of the unit is just lovely and very livable. The owner is also very easy to talk to. Pricey I know, but at least we are assured that it is a safe place to live in.

Funny thing was early this year we were about to purchase a 2-bedroom unit in the new tower currently being constructed, but then we decided to just have a house built next year. Anyway, we picked a unit on the 9th floor. It was really a pleasant surprise when I learned that the unit we will be renting is on the 9th floor (of the old tower) as well. It's a sign!

We have also looked at other places, but we only considered 2 places, one in Dansalan, the other one was in Wack Wack. The unit in Wack Wack is a 1-bedroom unit, and considerably bigger than the one in Dansalan. However, the major drawback was it didn't have provision for a utility area and a space to put our oven. These two were addressed by the unit in Dansalan. And so Dansalan won our hearts. Well, it did way before. :D


Whew!

Anyway, today Enrique will meet up with the unit's owner and pay the initial payment. Tomorrow we are expecting our marriage license. I'm so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home