Sunday, June 05, 2005

Downpayment to SSJ and Reception updates

Last Thursday, I took a day off, and together with my sister, went to Sanctuario de San Jose to pay our downpayment, as well as to check out the Church itself. It was quite a lovely Church. A little formal, but at least not too cluttery and there were few statues.

The aisle is pretty long, so I think there should be considerable time allotted for the march and all. Aircons are in place, and over-all I like this Church.

Anyway, we went to the office, and Ella, the person who explained to me further details, was really nice and patient with my questions. She even gave me a few sample missalettes to help me make ours.

The memorable and meaningful part however was when I was filling up the reservation form. I felt really nervous filling it up, especially Enrique's details. I had to ask him some of the entries, and it made me realize that there was really so much more about him that I should know. All went well anyway, and so I updated Enrique about the whole affair. He just said that he's embarassed because I was the one preparing and doing the work, when it fact it should've been him. I just told him that it's ok and that both of us should do our part.


"Pineda-Santiago" gave me goosebumps... This dream is becoming a reality!

Regarding other venues for our wedding rites, we decided to exclude Sanctuario de San Antonio from our list of options, since we found the schedule too early. It's too bad because that was our number 1 choice, but I guess, like what other w@wies told me, I shouldn't fret because the church for us will be unfolded as time comes.

As for the reception, we are opening our doors to hotels. Initially we wanted either function halls or gardens, but then we now think that to hold our reception in a hotel should be an option. The reason why I didn't suggest hotels is because it is more expensive than receptions in gardens or function halls. Now we're thinking either Intercon, Manila Peninsula, or Edsa Shangri-La as possible venues.

Anyway, that's all for now. There is so much time to do other preparations, but at least we can breathe a little easier since we already have a Church where we will be wed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home