Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Church Option 1: Sanctuario de San Jose

It almost broke my heart when I learned that the Shrine of Jesus is booked for the 3:30 pm wedding slot of the 9th December. I asked if the 16th is available, and I got teh same reply. I felt so bad I was crying when I relayed this to fellow w@wies. I thought things would be easy since our date is about a year and a half away. But no. As early as now, SoJ is booked.

Then somebody suggested Sanctuario de San Jose. I tried, and thank goodness! The time and date is open! I told the person to pencil the slot for me, and that I will pay the downpayment this Thursday. At least Enrique and I have one option already! Actually, SSJ is where my mom and stepdad got married 15 years ago...

My next concern is the reception venue. These past few days, I have concentrated on the Makati-Manila area. Now, I would have to look for an alternative place. I hope traffic won't be too bad on that day, though it's December and there really might be traffic congestion.

But overall, I think this is an accomplishment. My other half approved anyway, but he said to reserve 2 more churches so we will have options. I am a little skeptical about this plan though, because that entails wasting money, which I really want to avoid.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope I get a favorable reply from Cat, she's helping me with the Sanctuario de San Antonio arrangement.

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

hi van!

fellow w@wie here. i got married as ssj last dec and we had our reception at intercon.

traffic wasn't bad naman. travel time was less than half an hour, though malamang kasi after christmas na yon (dec 30) but it was a holiday.

what time is your booking? we had the 230pm slot, we were out of the church by 345, arrived at intercon before 430. we served cocktails nga lang because the ballroom doors only opened mga 6.

anyway, just let me know if you have questions.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Vannie said...

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for your post! :-)

We made a 4 pm booking, so most likely we will be finished by 5:30, just in time for dinner. I prefer sana a function hall or a garden, rather than a hotel. But any which way, our date is still a year anf a half away so I have lots of time (i hope!) to think of options! Juts keep on posting as well, thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home