Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Activities

As usual, my weekend was a rollercoaster of emotions, but thankfully these are not about work.

My lost art
Over the weekend, for some reason, I was sooo inspired in doing some wedding preparations (and further planning). I spent most of my time reading again Martha Stewart wedding magazines I bought and borrowed. As I browsed thru the pages with new eyes, I began to conceptualize again the look and style for our autumn theme.

I got hold of a spare notebook, looked for my soft pastels, and started drawing new designs for our secondary sponsors, as well as the tables for our reception: a) if centerpieces of Josiah's are used; b) if we use our florist to implement what I had in mind (though this would entail additional expenses).

It really felt good holding my pastels, and for every stroke of my hand, I wondered why I stopped drawing and painting. The end products weren't that good (I'm a bit rusty, and the paper is not the right one), though at least it showed how the designs would look.

Our principal sponsors
Anyway, I also finished our list of principal sponsors... Finally! Initially, we wanted to have 7 sets, as 7 is a special number to us. However, I just settled for 5 sets. I haven't told this to Enrique but I think he'd agree too.

Bridal Registry
I also became inspired to think about our future home... the colors to use, the designs, the furniture, household equipment, etc... From here I was able to come up with a list of items for our bridal registry. When I told Enrique about our bridal registry, he told me he's quite hesitant in having one, as he felt shy about it. I told him that it would be good not only for us but also for our guests who wish to give us gifts, since they would know what we really needed and also redundancies of gifts will be lessened. I assured him that I will not put in the list really high end items. Also, my relatives are already asking me where we are registered so they could check out our list and buy their gifts (for the shower, despedida, wedding).

Grandfathers Concerns
I was supposed to go to Rustan's to start the ball rolling for our bridal registry, but then my plan was postponed because we visited my grandparents (Father's Day!): one grandfather was confined in medical City, the other was in Hillsborough in Alabang. My second grandpa had another attack soon after we left (to go to Medical City), so now he is confined in Asian Hospital. Now I am really concerned about my grandfathers. It sounds so unpleasant, but I hope that they are still "ok" in December (to put it mildly). *Sigh*

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Mai said...

hmmm..indeed..a wedding-preps-filled week. hehe!

palapit na ng palapit sis! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home