Friday, June 16, 2006

Tough Job

Aaaarggghhhh!!!!!

This tough job of mine is slowly driving me nuts!!!! Unplanned developments in the fleet, somewhat unpleasant crew, etc... All are giving me a headache. This job is also eating up my time - not because I stay up late in the office (I still manage to go home at 6 pm), but because even after office hours (as well as during weekends), things may come up that would need my attention. Not to mention that even though I am home already, my mind is still filled with work thoughts - planning and all. *Sigh*

Aside from this, I have no time for wedding preparations, and Enrique and I have argued a lot of times eversince I took this job, about my lack of attention to him, especially now that he's away (he says that I don't text as often as he wishes, etc..).

I like my job. I really do. It's very dynamic, it's not boring, I get to talk to different people, it tests my people and management skills, etc. It really is a challenging job, which I like. But there are times when I ask myself, is it worth it? Is it worth the stress? Stress is even a word that was alien to me until last week.

I have ranted to Enrique about my current disposition, and I felt sorry that I ranted to him too much. Far too much, too much to the point that he told me that as soon as he comes back from Europe, he wants me to resign. Now he feels so useless, that he knows I shouldn't work and all, but he is letting me work. I disagree with him, and that he shouldn't feel useless. It was my choice to get this job even though he wanted me to stop last year.

Part of me wants to quit and take the easier road. Yet a bigger part of me wants to stay. I really like the challenge. And also, what the heck will I do at home?

*Sigh*

Drama, drama, drama...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home