Monday, June 05, 2006

Of Despedida de Soltera, Showers, and Registries

Yesterday, our family had lunch in Intercon with some of our Hidalgo relatives, and part of our conversation topics was our wedding. Though we are a tightly-knit clan, I was still quite surprised that they were so into our wedding! They asked for the details, the theme, what they should wear, etc. Of course, being the excited bride that i am, I was more than happy to give them information about the wedding and our wedding preps.

My Tita, who hosted our lunch, said that a Despedida de Soltera should be arranged, a week or two before our big day. My other aunt asked if I already had a bridal registry. When I said not yet, they told me to do that immediately... Talk about being excited hahaha! They said that by the time they plan a bridal shower for me, I should have our registry set up. Hehehe... I love them. :-)

Of course, any wedding talk is incomplete without the dozens of wedding and marriage advices. Here are my faves:

1. A key to a successful marriage: 99% acceptance
2. Another ratio: 90% patience, 10% perseverance. (Where's the love? HAHAHAHA!)
3. From my aunt: Enjoy your last few days as a single woman.
4. Her husband: cherish your husband. (I really have to laugh, but it is a good advice)
5. Let God be the center of marriage (my aunt asked if Enrique was a devout Catholic. Actually, he is, more than me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home