Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Motif for a December Wedding

The other day, in a surprise move, my mom asked me what motif we plan for our wedding. This was a surprise, given that my mother used to be silent whenever I bring up the wedding topic.

But anyway, it made me think… what do we really want as a motif? Some of my fellow w@wies even had themes, such as fairy, midsummer’s nights, etc. I brought up this topic to Enrique, and I told him I wanted celadon for our color motif, having a spring wedding theme. He suggested blue. That isn’t really a good combination, I think.

So I browsed thru the net, and had some interesting ideas from The Knot Website. I really wanted green and red and ivory together, but I don’t know if it would be nice, especially if this combination is a little spring-y. I had to keep in mind our wedding will be in December.

After looking at a couple of table arrangements, I am now thinking of an autumn or winter wedding motif. Here’s an example of an autumn set-up.


Autumn Motif --> I love this!

I also checked for color schemes, and I was so happy to find this site, Color Schemer Website. These are my preferred color combinations (I really want the green-ivory-red combination!).


Preferred color combinations


If it’s going be a winter theme, here are my top choices. I find these colors rather dark (but rich!) though.


Autumn-Winter color combinations

Anyway, these are just my thoughts for the day. I know, it might seem too early to think about these things, but I couldn’t help but dream about our big day, and how it will turn out to be!

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

I like the autumn wedding color scheme. If you don't use it I probably will. Bwahahahaha!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home