Sunday, June 19, 2005

Enrique Says: Persia

Goodbye Europe, goodbye cold weather, goodbye walks in the park, bye shopping, bye gorgeous, lovely fashion gals. Joke joke joke. Hello! Oil rich region, yes! Persian Gulf.

I missed Europe. In my past 3 ships it’s been mostly around the continent and I began to love its 4 seasons. Playing in the snow, cold and windy day and oh, summer of course. It’s really nice, you get to see lots of people in the street wearing only their skimpy, head turner dresses. Concert at the park while having a beer on hand ooh dear, wish we’re still there.

Do you think I’m enjoying my stay here?

1. What the hell! Mercury is rising to 40-50’C and it could be worse in due time, hey it’s not even summer yet. It’s so hot that even if you just stand you’ll sweat a lot. Sand storm ooh… gee. Visibility is Zero.

2. Iran or Persia, whatever you want to call it, is bounded in the north by the Caspian sea, Afghanistan and Pakistan in the east, while in the south, gulf of Oman and the whole Persian Gulf and the whole west region, the home of the world famous, former dictator facing trial on charges of murdering and torturing thousands of his own people, Saddam Hussein. Yes, Iraq! You could still see the remains of the two-decade war, shattered buildings. Oil rigs and wrecked ships on both ashore and on the sea still a float but burned and broken to pieces by missiles.

3. The worst part, NO COMMUNICATION! Mobile GSM phone is unusable. I hate it! I miss sms, I really want to start and end the day of my Vanessa with my ever sincere, honestly, truly, madly, crazy I love you. Ever since we got to know each other, even if half of the world is between us, I always find a way to say my MAHAL NA MAHAL NA MAHAL KITA. Still, I won’t break my promise that I will always do my very best to find ways to hear her lovely angelic voice which makes my day complete talagang tanggal pagod at hirap ko every time I talk to my baby. I begged for the agent and even the pilot to use their phone even if the cost of a minute call is higher than a gallon of oil in the region, I don’t care as long as I know that Vanessa’s ok. Ang pinakamamahal ko.


Isn’t it scary? Indeed, but knowing that my wife to be is waiting for me… Lahat kakayanin ko!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home