Monday, June 20, 2005

Oasis Manila Ocular

After much complications and planning, I finally went to Oasis Manila for their formal opening last Sunday. My friend Cat went with me, and I also met up with Arlene. It was a rather small place, much smaller than what I have expected...

Here are my observations:
1. The pavilion's size is just right for 200 people.
2. The fountain in front of the entrance is really nice!
3. The Luminaries are very beautiful.
4. The rest rooms (I only got to see the ladies' room though) was well designed and very clean.
5. Clean sorroundings.
6. Ample parking space.
7. Rather quiet, given that the place is right smack in the middle of the city (along Aurora Blvd., you can even see the flyovers and all...)

However, I feel so sad because though the place is just right since our Church venue is in Sanctuario de San Jose (Greenhills), I think we will look for another place...

THE PAVILION IS NOT AIR-CONDITIONED!

I knew this beforehand, but I thought that since the place is not air-conditioned, there probably was reason why it wasn't, e.g. the place is vast and that it is naturally breezy. My contact also told me there are a lot of fans and cooling mist sprays. But when I went there, I immediately felt uncomfortable because it was rather warm.

And I'm sure Enrique will frown about this, because he prefers that both Church and Reception venues should be air-conditioned. Except of course if we opt to hold our EVP Day in Tagaytay.

Arlene, a fellow w@wie agreed to accompany me to Fernwoods, just to check the place out and see if it will be the right place for both Enrique and my tastes...



Cat, Van, and Arlene --> Pic courtesy of Arlene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home