Friday, November 24, 2006

2 Weeks....

It may sound funny, but it just dawned on me that our wedding day is just 2 weeks from now. Wow, two weeks. In two weeks, I will be officially called Mrs. Enrique Pineda. I first had that feeling of being this "Mrs." when Enrique told me that his company included me in the list of guests for their conference's dinner as his wife. Of course, that thought sent shivers of excitement down my spine.

But then of course all the kilig feeling disappeared when we encountered yet another hurdle in our wedding preps: the missalette's approval is still pending and will only be approved sometime next week. This whole time of preparing, it is very ironic that we had the most difficulty when it comes to Church requirements, which resulted in heated debates between both parties, and between Enrique and I.

I just told Enrique that in this remaining two weeks, we should just let things pass and make these 2 weeks to be happy moments for us, up until we exchange our "I Do's." Frankly I'm quite fed up with dealing with difficulties that I just want to enjoy the days ahead of us. I mean, I want both of us to remember our wedding and the preparation as good and happy days, and not as one big stressful moment in our lives. So when we met up with our coordinator last Wednesday, I just told her to be the one in charge of what will happen during the day, and that I wouldn't be really that bothered with the program she will make because ours will just be the traditional (though some might think boring) reception and program. My only wish is that nothing major will happen and that things will flow smoothly. Not perfectly smooth, but just smooth enough.

We also met up with JJS last night. He promised he will take care of things, and I took that statement without too much expectations. Of course, I wouldn't want to be too disappointed in the end, like what other brides have aired regarding their services (they too have been promised to be well taken-cared of). But anyway, as long as there's music and it won't be the worst music, then it should be fine. I hope. Please.

So anyway, what else do we need to do (for next week at least)?

Saturday
1. Pick up our rings in Goldenhills
2. Pick up our favors in Papemelroti
3. Purchase the candles and matches for our Candle sponsors
4. Purchase a Bible for our bearer

Sunday
1. Final fitting of entourage's gowns
2. Finalize our officiating priest (either Mt. Carmel or elsewhere)
3. Buy Enrique's shoes and undershirt

Monday
1. Give my engagement ring for cleaning on Monday
2. Delivery of my gown, accessories, and Enrique's barong (Veluz's shop)
3. Pay Josiah's 2nd partial payment

Wednesday
1. Print those Missalettes!!!
2. Pick up my e-ring



Wait a sec... dang! We haven't prepared for our honeymoon!!!! Wahaaaaa!

Oh well, we still have time. Hopefully everything will be ok.

*Sigh*

Two more weeks. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home