Saturday, August 13, 2005

Mt. Carmel / St. Francis Chapel Update

Before I say something about my latest wedding preps achievement, here's a tidbit:

Yesterday, my beloved Enrique called me up. I was so happy to hear his voice, and I was really surprised. he called my direct line in the office. The reason? Because he feared that if he called me in my cellphone, I might not answer it (he thought I was still mad). Anyway, I said that I'm really sorry about our little squabble (actually it's more on me that was squabbling!), and that I love him sooooo much. We had a really long and really nice talk, and I felt that I was in Cloud 9! Then while I was on my way to Greenhills to watch Bewitched (really funny, must watch!), he called me again to say his I love you's and please take care's.

*********


On to my wedding preps update:

Just this morning I went to Mt. Carmel to pay the downpayment for the Church's services. They're a little strict when it comes to certain requirements and to the rites itself. Among the "strict requirements are:

1. Pre-Marriage Counselling / Seminar must be attended by the couple and is given every last Friday of the month, between 9 am and 12 nn. Other seminars, such as Discovery Weekend, ARE NOT ALLOWED. And the attendance of the seminar whould be after the paperwork requirements are done.

2. Canonical Interview is the last requirement, and is only given every Wednesday and Thursday between 9 am and 12 nn.

***This means that I have to be on leave for two days in order to accomplish this!

3. Only liturgical songs are allowed during the Wedding Rites. Non-liturgical songs can only be played during the Bridal Procession and during picture-taking after the Rites.

4. Readers should be dressed appropriately: No strapless or spaghetti straps. If they wear these dresses, they have to wear shawls.

That's it actually, not that bad really. But I was hoping we could play our songs during the Rites itself. Oh well.

I got these answers after asking them. They didn't really tell me the details, just gave me the requirement sheet, as well as the receipt. i was a little discouraged because I told them that I am still undecided on whether I should get the 4:30 slot or the 6:00 slot, and requested if they could call me first if somebody would want the 4:30 slot. They said that I should just call them for updates. Hello??? How would I know right? Unless I call them everyday! But I guess I would just have to ask Joy (our AE in Fernwood) to inform me if someone booked the other venues, with the same date as mine. Reason why I am concerned about this is because I don't want our wedding time to be delayed. I really want ours to start on time, for fear that our reception will be too late. I feel uneasy abou the 4:30 slot because it will end at 5:30 (until 5:45 for the picture taking) and I find 6:00 to be too early for the wedding reception, not to mention that I will be rushed to finish since there would be another wedding at 6 pm.

Anyway, that's all. But overall, I'm really happy with the pace of our wedding preps.

*********


Only 3 more months and Enrique will be back! I'm so happy! How time flies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home